[asterisk-users] Asterisk on VMware Workstation 6

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Fri Sep 26 11:49:40 CDT 2008

On Wednesday 24 September 2008 19:28:17 Michael J. Liberatore wrote:
> Hi, i am running a small personal asterisk server for my business, and
> instead of getting a dedicated machine to run linux which would waste
> power and money i decided to run it on my windows xp sp2 machine.  The
> machine is barely used but it does have some crucial programs i need to
> run in windows so reformating or dual booting is not an option.

One option might be to run in the opposite vmware direction.  That is, run
Linux as the native OS and run Windows within a vmware instance.  That
gives you the Windows compatibility for your applications, while at the same
time providing the critical hardware timing for your Asterisk instance.

--
Tilghman