[asterisk-users] Get Call Length of Calls

Ali Jawad alijawad1 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 08:46:17 CDT 2008

Hi
Thanks for the hint, however I do already have a cdr tool for finished
calls.

core show channels verbose

does show the duration of calls in real time. However, it does not work all
the time, I.e. at times it works great other times it just displays 0 for
the call duration, although the call is up and running.

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 4:37 PM, Julien Claassen <julien at c-lab.de> wrote:

> i!
>   Not about this directly, but an alternative. If you need the length of
> finished calls, work with the system. Use a specific call to the date
> command,
> so it's easy to evaluate the time info or some other tool to give you an
> absolute of time. Then at the end of the call use another system call to
> that
> program and subtract the two values. You could use bc for this. It even
> works
> with decimal numbers. One or two shell-scripts will do this trick.
>   HTH.
>   Kindest regards
>            Julien
>
> --------
> Music was my first love and it will be my last (John Miles)
>
> ======== FIND MY WEB-PROJECT AT: ========
> http://ltsb.sourceforge.net
> the Linux TextBased Studio guide
> ======= AND MY PERSONAL PAGES AT: =======
> http://www.juliencoder.de

With Regards
Ali Jawad System Administrator
http://www.alijawad.org
Phone : +961-01-559031
Mobile : +961-03-041705

Confidentiality Notice: The contents of this E-mail are intended for the
named recipient only. It may contain confidential and privileged
information. If you received it in error, please notify us immediately and
then destroy it. Internet communications are not secure and therefore
I do we do not accept legal responsibility
for the contents of this message. Also, and though we provide every effort
to keep our network free from viruses, you would need to check this E-mail
and any attachments for viruses as we can take no responsibility for any
computer virus which might be transferred by way of this E-mail.