[asterisk-users] Astricon people please post the announcement

Tim Panton thp at westhawk.co.uk
Fri Sep 26 08:22:45 CDT 2008

On 26 Sep 2008, at 11:17, Grygoriy Dobrovolskyy wrote:

> I have tryed skip2pbx 580€ yeastar 60 €, the quality is the way
> behind of a good sip provider, thay are simply not suitable for
> business, i hope it would not be the case of asterisk addon. Also i
> wonder if skype auto relay will be disabled (bandwith), wait and
> see.......

The Asterisk team said that
	a) the skype for asterisk code does not act as a supernode - i.e. it
only routes traffic
for local users, this was one of their requirements.
	b) they _think_ that in the case where both ends of a skype to skype
call are 'local'
the huge majority of the bandwidth remains local.
	c) there will be configuration options controlling which of the
transport methods skype
for asterisk will use. So you can disable skype over port 443 if you
want to ensure that port is
available for your ssl webserver (for example)

Tim.