[asterisk-users] Asterisk on VMware Workstation 6

Michael J. Liberatore mike240se at straightandnarrowinc.org
Fri Sep 26 02:35:55 CDT 2008

Its really just a very minor system I am running, its sole purpose is a
vm basically.  Well a VM that can redirect calls based on number.

I would prefer to just run it on this windows machine doing nothing most
of the time.  Id rather not buy an appliance, maybe if its $100 but I
would rather just grab an old celeron pc I have laying around and use
that, but I am trying to do this "green" and since this windows pc is
running 24/7 anyways (cause I never know when I will need to connect to
it) I figured it was a good shot.

Maybe a different virtualization software like virtual pc would run
better.  I think some tweaking is what I need though, I don't care if
the call quality is great, I just want it usable.

Thanks