[asterisk-users] Astricon people please post the announcement

Darrick Hartman dhartman at djhsolutions.com
Thu Sep 25 23:00:57 CDT 2008

Dean Collins wrote:
> I'd also like to know what happens when someone 'chats' to the account
> connected to the Asterisk server.

Lots of questions about this one.  There's definitely a demand for it so
I can see why Digium would be interested in exploring this option.  Time
will tell how well it will work.  I'm personally not too excited about
bolt-on binaries which are probably not compatible with uClibc (and
therefore Astlinux).  That leaves us in the same place as we are with
codec_g729.  We're at the mercy of whoever creates these binaries to
produce one that will work for us.

Darrick