[asterisk-users] Astricon people please post the announcement

Fred Posner fred at teamforrest.com
Thu Sep 25 19:25:52 CDT 2008

On Sep 25, 2008, at 11:06 AM, Steve Anness wrote:

> So what a minute.  They will charge us to use Skype with our Asterisk
> servers?  Yes, I think I shall move along.
>
> Steve

I talked with both Skype and Digium today at Astricon for a while on
this... it's actually going to be amazing. The license for Skype will
be the same way you license g.729. So yes, it's not free... but you're
only paying for in use channel capabilities... but think of the
benefits... Skype will work just like let's say SIP or ZAP or IAX2
would in the dial plan... so you could have.... SKYPE\username
registered as an extension... or ... even in a queue which I am really
excited about. You could registered as many usernames as you want...
and then have as many simultaneous calls as licenses... great for
calling out and even really awesome for calling in. Plus, unlike
regular skype, on the callin, you can have multiple channels. It's
really very exciting.

Fred Posner
fred at teamforrest.com

Tel: +1 (212) 937-7844 x501