[asterisk-users] sip forking needed for ekiga 3.0

SIP sip at arcdiv.com
Thu Sep 25 14:31:49 CDT 2008

That strikes me as being careless and unreliable. Call me a purist, but
I'm of the opinion that you should KNOW which interface to use based on
which interface is registered and choose ONE interface based on the
rules you've established during registration. What happens if you want
to ensure that data goes across a VPN (in order to encrypt your VoIP
communications) instead of the public internet? Or if you want to ensure
a particular route based on why you created your multiple interfaces in
the first place?

That takes all the logic out of the equation and just says, "Here's a
bunch of packets. Figure out what to do with them. I'll be waiting for
your response."

There's a reason routing rules exist and mature services allow you to
control the interface from which it originates.

N.