[asterisk-users] OT: Do You Know What the Problem With CDMA is?

Dean Collins Dean at cognation.net
Thu Sep 25 08:01:52 CDT 2008

It's OT but I thought it was funny enough to point out seeing this is a
telephony list...... world wide data.....like the 'world series' of
baseball if you ask me :-)

Regards,

Dean Collins
dean at cognation.net

+1-212-203-4357 (New York)
+61-2-9016-5642 (Sydney)
http://www.Cognation.net <http://www.Cognation.net/profile>

________________________________

From:
http://deancollinsblog.blogspot.com/2008/09/do-you-know-what-problem-wit
h-cdma-is.html
Subject: Do You Know What the Problem With CDMA is?

I'm a Cingular customer but i noticed that the HTC Touch Pro is only
available from Sprint at the moment.

So when I noticed a Sprint mailer in the post box I thought I'd flick
through it.

Take a look at this picture and tell me if you cant work out what is
wrong with CDMA

<http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_jmYevHrBr6M/SNqpnwbZW-I/AAAAAAAAAww/p2pRhDO9t
VM/s1600-h/Sprint.png>
Yep you got it.... world coverage includes all the countries of the
world like USA, Canada and Mexico, and not something like USA and 212
other countries globally.

BTW I hear that Iraq also now uses CDMA (some senator shoe-horned it
into a funding bill for the war that they had to use CDMA to 'support
usa businesses'), of course that means that they now use a different
handset type to all of their neighbours....... though I hear Iran will
also be forced to implement CDMA once they are 'liberated' which should
be any day now :)

Cheers,
Dean