[asterisk-users] What happened to the register= setting in sip.conf?

David Kerr David at Kerr.net
Wed Sep 24 21:35:13 CDT 2008

I've setup a new asterisk box using asterisk 1.4.21.2 and used the
asterisk-gui 2.0 to configure trunks, etc. Everything is working fine except
that I am unable to register one of my trunks... stanaphone never responds
to a REGISTER request, and so they keep timing out.  Other trunks are
registering OK.  In looking at the sip debug, I see that asterisk is
providing a contact of <sip:s at my.ip.addr.number>  I seam to recall from past
experience that I need to register as <sip:stanaphonenumber at my.ip.add.number>
which was accomplished at the end of the "register" line in sip.conf
So I went to look for this line, but cannot find it in sip.conf nor any
other asterisk conf file.  I see a "registersip=yes" in users.conf, but that
is all.

Has something changed? Does asterisk no longer use a register= line in
sip.conf, and if so how are the parameters for the registration handled?

Thanks
David