[asterisk-users] NVFaxDetect (1.0.6), NVBackgroundDetect was: Asterisk 1.4 or 1.6

Jonn R Taylor jonnt at taylortelephone.com
Wed Sep 24 21:19:31 CDT 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com [mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Joseph
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2008 6:03 PM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: [asterisk-users] NVFaxDetect (1.0.6), NVBackgroundDetect was: Asterisk 1.4 or 1.6

On 09/24/08 13:50, Artem Makhutov wrote:
>Hi,
>
>On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 01:05:17PM -0600, Joseph wrote:
>> I need to upgrade my Asterisk, currently I'm using 1.2.27 from Gentoo portage but I think this version has a problem with RFC2833 DTMF signaling and I don't think there
>> will be any newer version available anytime soon on portage.
>>
>> I need stable version, I'm using Asterisk mostly with ATA adapter (Linksys and Sipura);  should I go to 1.6 or 1.4?
>
>You can use the gentoo voip overlay. Asterisk 1.4.21.2 is included in
>the overlay.
>
># emerge layman
># layman -a voip

I got this part: asterisk-1.4.21.2 but I need as add NVFaxDetect NVBackgroundDetect.
There is an instruction on wiki to compile it from source but I need some instructions on how to compile it on Gentoo.
When I try to compile current version from portage it keeps complaining it can not find /usr/bin/asterisk-config

Any idea how to go about it.

--
#Joseph