[asterisk-users] Zaptel/DAHDI ztdummy only

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Wed Sep 24 17:23:52 CDT 2008

Let me know if I should post this on the asterisk-dev list instead.

I am building a Linux-Vserver (http://www.linux-vserver.org) host system
that will have several guests running Asterisk.  Since the guests can't
load kernel modules or do other dangerous stuff, but can access them I
built zaptel 1.4 and it is now loaded by the host.

The issue I see is there will be no "Zaptel" hardware and these guests
will only do SIP, IAX, etc. but do appear to need ztdummy for timing
with other services.  So I'm looking for a way to not load (or even
build) all the other modules that come as part of Zaptel.

Possible?

Will the complete change to DAHDI make this easier/harder?

TIA,
Rod