[asterisk-users] Asterisk is covering the peers IP address in SIP and SDP messages

Arno Scholz scholzao at iis.fraunhofer.de
Wed Sep 24 09:20:32 CDT 2008

Hello,

I'm implementing a VoIP client and using Asterisk 1.4. The RTP transfer
should be handled in a direct connection from client to client. But the
Asterisk server does not reveal the IP address of the peer in the
contact header field of a SIP request nor in the connection header field
of the SDP message. Instead he always writes its own address.
So the clients are forced to handle the RTP transfer over the Asterisk
server.

Is there a possibility to configure the Asterisk server that he does not
replace the peer IP address with his own?

I hope I could describe my problem properly.

Regards,

Arno