[asterisk-users] Voicemail cutting out after about 30 seconds

Chris Bagnall lists at minotaur.cc
Wed Sep 24 06:30:15 CDT 2008

Greetings list,

I've had problems on a few of our asterisk boxes where voicemail tends to cut out after about 30 seconds, despite the maximum message length being set at 240s (4m).

I've tried reducing the silence detection threshold from 128 down to 32, which has helped, but not resolved the issue entirely.

The calls in question are being delivered to the boxes via IAX or SIP, so it's not a Zaptel gain issue.

Has anyone else had similar problems? Is it "safe" to drop the silence detection threshold even lower?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Chris