[asterisk-users] Fax with asterisk

Rizwan Hisham rizwanhasham at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 04:43:24 CDT 2008

Hi all,
Sorry to interrupt. I need some help regarding fax passthru mode.

We are trying to configure fax passthru mode in asterisk using sip. For out
of network calls/fax we use trunk configuration. i am using asterisk
1.4.2.The user has to use fax machine connected to their ata and dial
the callee
number, the call is originated just like a regular voice call. have not
defined any special context for sending faxes. Have enabled t38 and
canreinvite in peer/user and trunk configuration. But the fax is not going
thru. Our service provider does support fax passthru. Following is the trunk
and user/peer configuration:

TRUNK CONF
[TRUNK-OUT]
type=peer
host=XXX
port=5060
context=default
country=us
dtmfmode=rfc2833
restrictcid=no
canreinvite=yes
insecure=no
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
allow=g729
allow=gsm
promiscredir=yes
t38_udptl=yes

USER/PEER

[abc]
username=abc
type=friend
secret=123
qualify=25000
nat=yes
mailbox=12129339037
insecure=port,invite
incominglimit=2
outgoinglimit=2
intl_trunk=TRUNK-OUT
local_trunk=TRUNK-OUT
host=dynamic
dtmfmode=inband
context=uscan
canreinvite=yes
callerid="Rizwan Qureshi" <12222222222>
accountcode=1:0:abc
amaflags=default
disallow=all
allow=ulaw
allow=alaw
allow=gsm
t38_udptl=yes

Any solutions?

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 10:21 PM, Andrew Joakimsen <joakimsen at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 10:02 AM, Steve Totaro
> <stotaro at totarotechnologies.com> wrote:
> > ATAs work OK I guess, just make sure to use a loss less codec such as
> ULAW.
>
> Since the OP stated he is using E1 lines then he should probably be
> using alaw instead.

Best Regards
Rizwan Hisham