[asterisk-users] Connecting TE212p to NEC XenMaster

Mikel Lindsaar raasdnil at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 11:36:41 CDT 2008

Hello list.

Looking around I can't seem to find answers to what I am after, so here goes:

I have an NEC Xen Master system (3 unit) basically maxed out.  I want
to connect a spare E1 card to the back of an existing Asterisk system
terminating on a TE212P so I can divert out VOIP calls and eventually
migrate over to Asterisk using the NEC system for handling the
existing digital handsets only.

So two questions:

1) Has anyone got any experience in connecting up this type of NEC
system to a TE212 to route calls from the NEC system TO the Asterisk
box?  Any feedback / gotchas?

2) In this scenario, is the echo canceller needed?  Or do I only
really need it if I plan to route the call traffic out into another E1
circuit and to a telco?

Thanks.

Mikel