[asterisk-users] Fax with asterisk

Matthew Marion mattmarion2 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 09:23:42 CDT 2008

Just to clarify, pika's chan_pika is their asterisk channel driver for their
hardware.  The two fax applications, app_pikarxfax.so and app_pikatxfax.so
are fax modules for asterisk to implement fax in your dialplan:

exten => 5001,1,Answer(1000);
exten => 5001,n,Set(LOCALSTATIONID=123456789)
exten => 5001,n,Set(LOCALHEADERINFO="PIKARxFax Test Page %P Time: %H:%M To:
%l From: %r")
exten => 5001,n,Set(FAXFILE=/tmp/pikafax-${UNIQUEID}.tif)
exten => 5001,n,PIKARxFax(${FAXFILE})

you'd still need hardware to actually get the faxes to asterisk...