[asterisk-users] Extension registration

Tariq .. tareksawah at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 23 09:01:36 CDT 2008

The NAT "Network Address Translation" is a layer three protocol... it encapsulates the End user's IP address with the router's IP address... so your Asterisk is not recognizing the IP address of the end user.. if you are insisting on using the HOST option with a specific IP.. maybe you should use the Global Nat Address of the router your end user is located behind it..  and if you don't want your client to use any other "PC" on the same nat.. then i think you need to permit the Local IP address of the user with the :
host="your end user's router's real ip"
deny=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
permit=192.168.x.y/255.255.255.255

that will force the Global ip to register with the local ip..
on my asterisk i have several users registering with different Agents.. from one nat "one global ip address" but several private ips.. my asterisk recognizes the private ip AFTER the real IP does the registration..
i'm not sure of that though.. but it's worth trying!
let me know if this answer was saticfying to you .
regards

AHD Tarek Sawah
Integrated Digital Systems
CCNA, MCSE, RHCE, VoIP