[asterisk-users] Fax with asterisk

Erik Haider Forsen erikf at opera.com
Tue Sep 23 03:51:35 CDT 2008

Hi!

I'm new to this list. I tried to search the list archive for a
solution on my current setup, but couldn't find any.

We have an asterisk connected directly to the PSTN with 2 E1 lines
through a Sangoma A102d interface. We also have a regular FAX machine.

My question is how to get the fax service handled by asterisk? I want
to cancel the analog line I have for the FAX machine today.

What would be the best solution? Fax machine and asterisk is on the
same LAN, not much load, with high end switches etc. Can I expect good
results with using our existing FAX machine, connected to asterisk
through an ATA box?

Best Regards,

Erik