[asterisk-users] How to hangup a channel immediately so that it doesn't get charged on cell phone

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Tue Sep 23 02:38:36 CDT 2008

In article <5ad99e890809221758r108a29b5wf688dfe7e832bc5b at mail.gmail.com>,
Zeeshan Zakaria <zishanov at gmail.com> wrote:

> On my call back system, I have the  script as follows:
>
> [calback]
> exten => s,1,NoOp(* STARTING CALLCHEAP\'S CALLBACK SYSTEM *)
> exten => s,n,Set(CALL=${CALLERID(number)})
> exten => s,n,Set(DESTINATION=myCallback.2000.1)
> exten => s,n,Set(SLEEP=5)
> exten => s,n,System(/var/lib/asterisk/bin/callback ${CALL} ${DESTINATION}
> ${SLEEP} &)
> exten => s,n,Hangup
>
> The idea behind this system is that the script picks up the call, notes down
> the caller's number, and hangs it immediately. Then the caller gets a call
> back.
>
> But what is happening is that cell phone callers are still being charged for
> calling into this callback context.
>
> How can I avoid this? I want cell phone users to not get charged for the
> call back.

How does the incoming call get to calback,s,1 ? Is there another part of
the dialplan that receives the call and then jumps to here? If so, you
need to make sure that it doesn't call Answer(), nor any application that
might do an implicit answer.

Otherwise, please give more details about how the calls are delivered to
your system, and what you do with them right from the beginning.

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield