[asterisk-users] Asterisk weird behavior after upgrading

Andrew Nowrot andrew.nowrot at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 07:28:04 CDT 2008

Hi

I have a problem upgrading to asterisk version higher than 1.4.18. Yesterday
I tried to install the 1.4.21.2 and everything was OK for 3 hours since the
upgrade, but after that time asterisk started generating 100% load. The same
happened with 1.4.20.X and with 1.4.19.X. The biggest problem is that I can
not trace what cause this asterisk is working properly and suddenly
something crashes. I can not make calls during that.

I using asterisk build from source on Debian testing (lenny) with custom
kernel 2.6.23.16. I have one Sangoma A101 card.

What can cause this. Is it the system or asterisk version. Is there a way to
check what exactly makes asterisk to start using 100% of the processor.

Cheers Andrew