[asterisk-users] Follow Me app question

David Van Ginneken davevg at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 12:29:26 CDT 2008

BJ Weschke wrote:
> Mark Phillips wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> When one uses the follow-me logic to forward calls to lots of phone
>> devices do subsequent calls get routed to the VM (or whatever the 10x
>> is)?
>>
>> In other words, if I want my office, house and cell phones to ring
>> whenever a call comes in and I answer it on my cell, does the next call
>> that comes in when I'm on my cell get sent to VM or does it ring the
>> follow-me group again?
>>

>  It's going to ring the follow-me group again. Follow-me isn't state
> aware of profiles already in use, although from what you're saying here,
> I could kind of understand why you'd want such a feature.

You can get around that limitation by using the GROUP and GROUP_COUNT
functions to restrict single calls to each number.

Brief Example (not tested):

[followme-outbound-context-set-in-followme.conf]
exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,1,ExecIf($[${GROUP_COUNT(${EXTEN})}>0],Busy,5)
exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,n,Set(GROUP()=${EXTEN})
exten => _NXXNXXXXXX,n,Dial(SIP/provider/${EXTEN})