[asterisk-users] SIP request send me 482 error

Stefan Gofferje list-asterisk-users at gofferje.homelinux.org
Fri Sep 19 11:12:42 CDT 2008

remi.druilhe at orange-ftgroup.com schrieb:
> Thanks for help, but I don't understand what you say.  How is it
> possible to handle the error in the dialplan if my request  return a 482
> after entering Asterisk, but before accessing the dialplan ?

Ok :). I meant, you should handle the whole thing in the dialplan
without creating a loop.
A loop is when a request is originating from the same PBX as it is
directed to.

Example:
Your Asterisk is at IP 192.168.1.1.
You have a phone context and an IVR context

[phones]
exten => 1234,1,Dial(SIP/ivr at 192.168.1.1) ;Loop, VERY BAD!
exten => 4321,1,Goto(ivr_context,s,1)     ;This is how it should be

[ivr_context]
exten => s,1,Background (welcome)

Terve,
Stefan