[asterisk-users] Setting up Asterisk to make calls using a VoIP provider and the regular phone line

ram talk2ram at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 00:33:43 CDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 1:10 PM, logan <logan04x at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks a lot Nhadie. I appreciate your help.
>
> Could you also suggest some brands or models of the FXO+FXS card that
> are seamlessly compatible to Asterisk? Also what hardphone I should go
> for as there are so many in the market?
>
> What should be the configuration of the system running this kind of
> Asterisk setup? And which Linux distribution is best suited with
> Asterisk?

Hi

you can look this compatable hardware

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/PSTN+Interface+Hardware+for+Computer+Systems

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/VOIP+Phones

Its very difficult to say which OS is good, its all depends on your
experience and your hands on the same.

Look at Trixbox, its automated CD

ram