[asterisk-users] Old voicemail bounces users

David A. Bandel david.bandel at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 21:41:16 CDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 2:52 PM, Tilghman Lesher
<tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com> wrote:
> On Thursday 18 September 2008 14:19:29 David A. Bandel wrote:
>> System language is spanish (es) and when users check their voicemail,
>> if they don't delete it it goes into the Old directory.
>>
>> That's all well and good, but those users with messages in their Old
>> directory try to get into voicemail and when the recording gets to
>> "you have 40 new and ..." they hear the "and" and the system hangs
>> them up.
>>
>> If I delete the messages in the Old directory, they are back in
>> business.  Until then, it's no go.
>>
>> I've gone over the messages in the Old directory and they are not
>> damaged, permissions look good, so I'm not sure where the problem is.
>
> Are you missing "vm-Old.gsm" in your sounds directory?  Please note that the
> name is case-sensitive on Linux and other Unix systems.

root at pbx:~# find /var/lib/asterisk -name vm-Old.gsm -ls
3205920    4 -rw-r--r--   1 asterisk asterisk     1518 Mar  5  2008
/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/es/vm-Old.gsm
3205455    4 -rw-r--r--   1 asterisk asterisk     1023 Mar  5  2008
/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/vm-Old.gsm

Not missing.  vm-Old also exists as other codecs (ulaw and alaw).

Ciao,

David A. Bandel
 - Nemesis Air Racing Team motto