[asterisk-users] OT: Cisco 1841 - Can it be made SIP aware?

Stefan Gofferje list-asterisk-users at gofferje.homelinux.org
Thu Sep 18 15:18:09 CDT 2008

Kristian Kielhofner schrieb:
>   IMNSHO, the less SIP aware the better...
>
>   I have to disable SIP inspection on every IOS/PIX device I come
> across.  Fix the one-way audio problems on your proxy, registrar, etc
> (in the case, Asterisk).
>
>   Most SIP ALGs are broken.

Interesting. I have my Asterisk with RFC-1918 IPs behid a NATting PIX
and the FIXUP SIP of the PIX makes it very easy for me to use my * as
server for external clients as well as as client for SIP providers.
The PIX nicely replaces the RFC-1918 IP in the SIP-traffic with the
current (dynamic) public IP of itself and keeps track of the RTP
traffic. Actually, it also chages the ports in the RTP negotiation and
then automatically forward the RTP traffic to the ports, the * was offering.
Very very convenient.

If the IOS firewall in the newer routers make problems, maybe I should
not change to an ISR as I planned :).

Terve,
Stefan

--