[asterisk-users] OT - How to stream a A-Law/wav file to a browser ?

Andres andres at telesip.net
Thu Sep 18 13:23:02 CDT 2008

Olivier wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How can I create a web page allowing people to listen (with their own
> PC) a couple of .wav/a-law files stored on a Linux server ?
> Chances are users would access this web page from Internet Explorer
> but if I could make it available to other browsers, that would be better.
>
> I googled a bit and couldn't find a tag such as
> media://myaudiofile.wav that would fulfill this spec.
>
> As much as possible, I would be happy to avoid configuring browser
> plugins and so on.
> So if this media:// could be already installed and running in users
> PCs, that would be fine.
>
> I've read Red5 servers/Flash players combination could respond but I'm
> not too confident about a-law support and Red5 installation complexity
> for a 100% pure beginner.

This works for IE.  It displays the Play Button of the Windows Media
Player.  No need to download files or anything.  It plays right off the
web page:

        <object
        classid="CLSID:6BF52A52-394A-11d3-B153-00C04F79FAA6"
        type="application/x-oleobject" width="35" height="32"
align="absmiddle" id="VIDEO"
        style="width: 35px; height: 30px;">
        <param name="URL" value="http://your WAV url goes here">
        <param name="SendPlayStateChangeEvents" value="True">
        <param name="AutoStart" value="False">
        <param name="uiMode"
value="mini">
        <param name="PlayCount" value="1">