[asterisk-users] OT - How to stream a A-Law/wav file to a browser ?

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Thu Sep 18 10:01:54 CDT 2008

Hi,

How can I create a web page allowing people to listen (with their own PC) a
couple of .wav/a-law files stored on a Linux server ?
Chances are users would access this web page from Internet Explorer but if I
could make it available to other browsers, that would be better.

I googled a bit and couldn't find a tag such as media://myaudiofile.wav that
would fulfill this spec.

As much as possible, I would be happy to avoid configuring browser plugins
and so on.
So if this media:// could be already installed and running in users PCs,
that would be fine.

I've read Red5 servers/Flash players combination could respond but I'm not
too confident about a-law support and Red5 installation complexity for a
100% pure beginner.

What do you think ?

Cheers