[asterisk-users] Part of some calls does not get recorded

Jorge Nunes Jorge.Nunes at pdmfc.com
Wed Sep 17 12:18:13 CDT 2008

Hello, all.

We have an Asterisk 1.4.17 installation and we have setup the dialplan
such that all calls to/from a set of phones (SIP accounts) get
recorded. We do this by ensuring the "Monitor" application gets
invoked at the start of all calls. We also have "canreinvite=no" on
the "general" section of our sip.conf.

Things work as expected except in one case. In the following specific
scenario part of a call does not get recorded.

Assume three extensions (A, B and C) and the following sequence of
events:

1. Extension A calls extension B and the call is answered on B.

2. Extension A puts the call to extension B on hold (B happily starts
to hear the music-on-hold).

3. Extension A calls extension C and the call is answered on C.

4. Extension A transfers the call to extension C to extension B (an
attended transfer).

5. Extension B now merrily talks with C and all is fine and dandy.

Regarding the recording of the calls the results are these:

1. A recording file is created with the call from A to B. This
recording ends at the moment when extension A transfered the call to
extension C to extension B (yes, the last part of the recording is the
music-on-hold part).

2. A recording file is created with the call from A to C. This
recording also ends at the moment when extension A transfered the call to
extension C to extension B.

3. The part of the call where B talks with C (that is, after extension
A transfered the call to extension C to extension B) is not recorded
anywhere.

And this last item is the problem we have. We have the requirement
that all calls to/from this set of phones must be recorded. But in
this scenario part of the call does not get recorded.

Could someone point me in a direction where I can start to solve this?

Best regards and thanks in advance.

Jorge Nunes

--
PDM&FC - Email: jorge.nunes at pdmfc.com; Web: http://www.pdmfc.com
Phone: +351-213.572.029; Fax: +351-213.572.031