[asterisk-users] SIP URI Forwarding

Rizwan Hisham rizwanhasham at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 04:45:18 CDT 2008

Hi all,
I am having a problem with sip uri incoming calls. I have 2 asterisk servers
both are 1.4.2. i dial sip uri from one asterisk server which sends the call
to the other asterisk server by seeing its domain name in the uri. Invite
reaches the recieving asterist server but the call is not autenticated.
Everytime i see the following NOTICE on the asterisk server (caller end)

[Sep 17 15:38:24] NOTICE[4594]: chan_sip.c:11968 handle_response_invite:
Failed to authenticate on INVITE to '"rizwan" <sip:abc at 192.168.0.7:9860
>;tag=as089d4adb'

My dialplan on caller end is:

[directcall]
exten=> 123,1,Dial(SIP/abc:0786 at tulip.axvoice.com:9060)
exten=> 123,2,Hangup()

exten=> 456,1,Dial(SIP/adf:123 at tulip.axvoice.com:9060)
exten=> 456,2,Hangup()

SIP general settings on receiving end are:

[general]
context=uricall-incoming
allowoverlap=no
bindport=9060