[asterisk-users] rc6: can't get a dialtone

sean darcy seandarcy2 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 14:07:41 CDT 2008

Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 13, 2008 at 03:25:34PM -0400, sean darcy wrote:
>> tdm400p, rc6 and dahdi-linux rc4:
>>
>> WARNING[2875]: chan_dahdi.c:7525 handle_init_event: Unable to play
>> dialtone on channel 2, do you have defaultzone and loadzone defined?
>>      -- Starting simple switch on 'DAHDI/2-1'
>>
>> ( channel 1 has the same problem)
>>
>> But:
>>
>> cat /etc/dahdi/system.conf
>> fxoks=1,2
>> fxsks=4
>>
>> loadzone = us
>> defaultzone = us
>> channels=1,2
>
> Maybe that's the offender. "channels" in zaptel.conf / dahdi/system.conf
> sets something related to pciradio.
>
>> echocanceller=mg2,1,2,4
>>
>> and I stuck them in chan_dahdi.conf:

>> callprogress=yes
>> progzone=us
>> tonezone = 0 ; 0 is US
>> defaultzone = us
>> loadzone=us
>
> loadzone and defaultzone don't belong here.

>> I've filed a bug on this:
>>
>> http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=13477
>>
>> but I'm wondering if I'm not missing something obvious.
>>
>> sean

Well the something obvious is that the installed libtonezone was for
zaptel. This is because make install for zaptel 1.4.12.1 uninstalls
dahdi and installs itself. But dahdi-linux does neither uninstalls nor
installs libtonezone. So if you go back to zaptel, that works. But if
you now want to try dahdi again you must reinstall _both_ dahdi-linux
and dahdi-tools.

sean