[asterisk-users] What if some phone picks up

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Sat Sep 13 17:19:26 CDT 2008

Godd evening!
   What happens if someone calls and asterisk doesn't "Answer()" itself, but
another analog phone does? Can I somehow catch this situation in my dialplan.
   I have an ISDN line, but with it I got a box with an adapter for good old
analog phones. This doesn't seems to be directly connected to the ISDN line
asterisk sees. But somehow, it must know, that the call is taken care of. It
doesn't answer. So how?
   I tried the h extension. Would I fair better with looking for BUSY or
CONGESTION, or whatever?
   Thanks in advance.
   Kindest regards
           Julien