[asterisk-users] Read one or X DTMF

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Fri Sep 12 17:15:51 CDT 2008

In article <48CAA5C5.6030406 at micnes.com>,
Ruddy Gbaguidi <plugworld at micnes.com> wrote:
> Hi thanks for the hint.
> That will works I think.
> But now, if I'm in an AGI script and I want to stay in there and don't
> want to jump from an extension to other in the dialplan,
> how can I do it ??

Ah, you didn't say anything about AGI, so I gave you a solution just
using the dialplan.

If you are writing an AGI program to do this, you might just as well have
a loop around a WAIT FOR DIGIT command and check each digit as it comes,
collecting numeric digits until you have ten of them, or jumping to the
registration section if you get a *.

Cheers
Tony

> Tony Mountifield wrote:
> > In article <48CA84AA.70601 at micnes.com>,
> > Ruddy Gbaguidi <plugworld at micnes.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi all
> >> I'm just having a problem now and I don't have any idea how to do this.
> >>
> >> It is pretty simple. When a customer calls, to speed up the navigation
> >> in the dialplan, I want something like
> >>
> >> "Welcome. Please enter your 10 digit customer number or press * to register"
> >>
> >> So, I want to read up to 10 digits, and if the user press *, I want to
> >> go to the next extension.
> >>
> >> Do you have an idea ??
> >>

> > One possibility:
> >
> > [getnumber]
> > exten => s,1,Background(please-enter-num-or-star)
> > exten => s,n,Waitexten(30)
> >
> > exten => *,1,Goto(register,s,1)
> > exten => _X*,1,Goto(register,s,1)
> > exten => _XX*,1,Goto(register,s,1)
> > exten => _XXX*,1,Goto(register,s,1)
> > exten => _XXXX*,1,Goto(register,s,1)
> > exten => _XXXXX*,1,Goto(register,s,1)
> > exten => _XXXXXX*,1,Goto(register,s,1)
> > exten => _XXXXXXX*,1,Goto(register,s,1)
> > exten => _XXXXXXXX*,1,Goto(register,s,1)
> > exten => _XXXXXXXXX*,1,Goto(register,s,1)
> >
> > exten => _XXXXXXXXXX,1,Do whatever
> > exten => _XXXXXXXXXX,n,You want to do with
> > exten => _XXXXXXXXXX,n,A 10-digit customer number
> >
> > [register]
> > exten => s,1,Start registration process
> >

> > Hope that helps
> > Cheers