[asterisk-users] Asterisk and Fedora 9

Nicholas Blasgen nicholas at blasgen.com
Fri Sep 12 16:12:10 CDT 2008

You wont need things like PHP, MySQL, etc but you do need some of the other
things otherwise you'll get errors.  And while I run these as automated
batches, I suggest you take my commands and do them one line at a time.
 Keep an eye out for errors.

yum -y install kernel kernel-devel ntp
yum -y install subversion gcc gcc-c++ libtermcap-devel bison
yum -y update
ntpdate time.apple.com

cd /usr/src
svn checkout http://svn.digium.com/svn/zaptel/branches/1.4 zaptel
svn checkout http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/branches/1.4 asterisk
svn checkout http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk-addons/branches/1.4
asterisk-addons
cd zaptel; ./configure; make; make install; make config; cd ..
cd asterisk; ./configure; make; make install; make samples; cd ..
cd asterisk-addons; ./configure --with-mysqlclient=/usr; make; make
install; make samples; cd ..

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 2:02 PM, Jonn R Taylor <jonnt at taylortelephone.com>wrote:

>  http://www.taylortelephone.com/asterisk/
>

> There are install scripts for Centos 5 Asterisk 1.4. They should work just
> fine on FC9. If you have a problem just email me.
>

> Jonn

> Non-Commercial Discussion
> *Subject:* Re: [asterisk-users] Asterisk and Fedora 9
>

> Ok very good,  how about for the asterisk addonds and sounds?  Can you
> provide me the commands to get, build and install for the 1.4.21 version?
> Thanks a lot guys.
>
>  On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 6:07 AM, MFH <asterisk-admin at hulber.com> wrote:
>
> The best way I can think of is:
>
>  >wget http://ftp.digium.com/pub/asterisk/asterisk-1.4.21.2.tar.gz
>  >tar -zxvf asterisk-1.4.21.2.tar.gz
>  >cd asterisk-1.4.21.2
>  >./configure
>  >make menuselect (You don't have to select anything)
>  >make
>  >make install
>  >make samples
>

> Pascal Bruno wrote:
> > I am about to install Asterisk on a Fedora 9 box, but i see with yum,
> > they only have Asterisk 1.6 beta in the package repos which I didn't
> > really want to install until they have a stable release.  Does anybody
> > know or have a good and easy way to install Asterisk 1.4 on fedora 9?
> > Thank you.

Nicholas Blasgen
nicholas at blasgen.com
408.497.9796 (c)