[asterisk-users] Setup speed dials on Cisco 7921

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Fri Sep 12 15:04:51 CDT 2008

On 15:37, Fri 12 Sep 08, OCG Technical Support wrote:
> Chan_sccp again...
>
> From what I read chan_sccp is the successor to chan_skinny.

No, it's a fork that never contribute back anything to asterisk.
The last year there have been activity in chan_skinny again, and I can
say it works ok for my home system now.
There are some interesting patches on the bugtracker, and I know that at
least wedhorn is putting effort into chan_skinny to make it even better.

The biggest problem with chan_sccp is that there are already around 4
different branches of it, and they all go another way. None of them is
as close to the asterisk development as chan_skinny.