[asterisk-users] Read one or X DTMF

Karsten Wemheuer kwem at gmx.de
Fri Sep 12 11:20:59 CDT 2008

Hi,

Am Freitag, den 12.09.2008, 11:03 -0400 schrieb Ruddy Gbaguidi:
> Hi all
> I'm just having a problem now and I don't have any idea how to do this.
>
> It is pretty simple. When a customer calls, to speed up the navigation
> in the dialplan, I want something like
>
> "Welcome. Please enter your 10 digit customer number or press * to register"
>
> So, I want to read up to 10 digits, and if the user press *, I want to
> go to the next extension.
>
> Do you have an idea ??

You can use the "read" application to get some digits. This application
returns the number a user entered in a variable. If the user enters '*'
the variable is set to an empty string. You can than proceed in Your
dialplan. To distinguish the answers, You can use the function "len".
The read application is able to play a audio file. (see the doc with
'core show application read')

One little hint: If You start a new thread, create a new message instead
of using an old one. Your question is now part of the thread "about
application jack and its runtime", what is probably not what You want.
Maybe some people ignore Your mail, because they are not interessted in
"jack"...

Regards,
Karsten