[asterisk-users] about application Jack and its runtime

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Fri Sep 12 10:17:40 CDT 2008

Hello Russell!
   Certainly, here's the shortened dialplan:
exten => NUM,1,System(ast_picker ring.wav)
exten => NUM,2,Answer()
exten => NUM,3,GotoIf($[${SYSTEMSTATUS} = SUCCESS]?4:7)
exten => \
NUM,4,Set(JACK_HOOK(manipulate,i(sstem:playback_1)o(system:capture_1)=on)
exten => NUM,5,System(ast_connect)
exten => NUM,6,Goto(8)
exten => NUM,7,VoiceMail(MBOX)
exten => NUM,8,Hangup()
   A few notes: ast_picker is my ringing application. It returns 0 exit-code
when someone connected to its socket and -1 (255) otherwise.
   ast_connect connects the asterisk jack-output port to system:playback_2 for
stereo sound, it's more pleasant. The Wait(15) part of the plan is still a
problem. I don't know what to call, to keep the call alive until one of the
parties decides to hangup, me with soft hangup CHANNEL for CLI or the other
one in the usual way.
   Btw.: This could just make a feature of application Jack, allow for more
then one port to be connected, perhaps like this:
Jack(i(system:playback_1,system:playback_2)o(system:capture_1))
   I tried to do the ast_connect from the script I use to place and receive my
calls now, trouble is, I don't know, when the call is established.
   Kindest regards
            Julien

--------

http://ltsb.sourceforge.net