[asterisk-users] about application Jack and its runtime

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Fri Sep 12 09:04:57 CDT 2008

Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> A bit of nomenclature: is Jack the name of an Asterisk application?  Or
> are you referring to JACK, the Jack Audio Connection Kit, whose name is
> all-caps, directly?  And if not, of course, is Jack something that
> connects JACK to Asterisk?

Sorry for the confusion.

There is a JACK() application, and JACK_HOOK() function, which both
connect Asterisk to JACK, the Jack Audio Connection Kit.

> And why should I know all of this already?  :-)

You should be psychic.  It's a new 1.6 thing, though, so I don't expect
many people to already know all about it.

As posted earlier, more info here ...

http://www.russellbryant.net/blog/2008/01/13/jack-interfaces-for-asterisk/

--
Russell Bryant