[asterisk-users] Dial function, and no telephone line fixed in the fxo port

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 12 07:29:19 CDT 2008

Hi List;

First of all, how can I know that the telephone line is not fixed in the fxo port?

Then, if the Dial function used to place a call via the zaptel (via the fxo port), and no telephone line was fixed in the fxo, can I have any returned error to know that the telephone line is not fixed in the fxo?

Last issue: if there any allarm (in any file, or via some script) to give notice that the telephone line now is disconnected from the fxo port?

All of this because my customer always keep removing the telephone line from the fxo and use it for some other purposes, we need to control this by giving allarms, indications or something to let the use understand the reason of the mistake, specially that people who remove the line, they do not say that they removed it (they say, it is connected).

Any advise?
Regards
Bilal