[asterisk-users] Video on Hold?

Atis Lezdins atis at iq-labs.net
Fri Sep 12 04:56:06 CDT 2008

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 9:15 PM, Gordon Henderson
<gordon+asterisk at drogon.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Sep 2008, Russell Bryant wrote:
>
>> k4rjj at bellsouth.net wrote:
>>>   Is the idea to switch to another video source or stay with the callers
>>> camera?  An option for both would be nice.  I could see a help desk
>>> placing a caller in que and a 1-2 min video coming on showing some
>>> simple video of "how to hook it up".
>>
>> What I had in mind was to play a video stream that went along with the
>> on hold audio.  I was going to make it so if a video file was found with
>> the same name as the audio file being played, it would play it.
>
> I rather naively tried this :)
>
> Well, Echo() was echoing back video and Record() was recording video and
> audio line this, and Playback() was playing it back, so ...

Sounds fantastic :)

Out of curiosity - what formats are supported? Any news on 3G video? I
remember some time ago there was some weird application level support.
Does chan_mobile supports video too? Would it be possible to have 3G
adapter and interact with it?

This just brings Asterisk to new level :)

Regards,
Atis

--
Atis Lezdins,