[asterisk-users] BLF call pickup on Linksys SPA932

Steve Davies davies147 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 04:33:50 CDT 2008

2008/9/11 Stefan Schmidt <sst at sil.at>:
> Steve Davies schrieb:
>>
>> Thanks for that excellent information - Now does anybody know the XML
>> to provision that field? Normally you take the text on the screen
>> "Call Pickup Code" and replace space with underscore
>>
>>   <Call_Pickup_Code ua="na"> *8# </<Call_Pickup_Code>
>>
>> Unfortunately "Call Pickup Code" appears twice in the UI, so this does
>> not work :(
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Steve
>>
> hello,
>
> here you can see the xml config of the phone:
>
> http://x.x.x.x/admin/spacfg.xml
>
> where x.x.x.x is the ip of your phone.
>
> iam not at the office so i cant check the right syntax for the pickup
> string, but iam sure you will find it there.

Thanks for that pointer... "I knew that!" :) but had forgotten it.
Sadly, the Linksys firmware is not clever enough to load its own file:

<Call_Pickup_Code
group="Regional/Vertical_Service_Activation_Codes">*37</Call_Pickup_Code>
<Call_Pickup_Code group="SPA932/General">*98</Call_Pickup_Code>

When this is loaded, the group= parameter is ignored, and the first
value is written twice, making it impossible to provision the 2nd
value :(

Ho hum.
Steve