[asterisk-users] BLF call pickup on Linksys SPA932

Chris Bagnall lists at minotaur.cc
Thu Sep 11 06:37:26 CDT 2008

Greetings list,

We recently installed some Linksys SPA962 + SPA932 sidecars into a client's offices. The BLF functionality works fine, but call pickup using the BLF is something of an issue.

Following the advice on voip-info.org, I configured part of their dialplan as follows:

exten => _**2XX,1,Pickup(SIP/${EXTEN:2})
exten => _**2XX,n,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN:2},15,tw)
exten => _**2XX,n,Voicemail(${EXTEN:2}@dkm,su)

The BLFs are all registered in the form:
exten => **201,hint,SIP/201
etc.

The theory being that pressing the BLF for 201, for example, will try and pick up any ringing call on SIP/201, then, if that fails (i.e. there's no call to pick up), the extension will then be dialled as normal.

Problem is, Pickup() seems to die if there's no call to pick up, rather than continue dialplan execution.

Does anyone know a way round this, or a better way of doing it?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Chris