[asterisk-users] Resilience using DNS or phone feature ?

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Wed Sep 10 08:02:24 CDT 2008

Hi,

I'm planning to deploy SIP hardphones in a serverless location.
Phones would be connected to 2 different Asterisk servers, one backing up
the other.

I would like to offer resilience and I'm wondering about the best way to do
it.

Phones themselves can register to a backup SIP proxy if first proxy fails
but, AFAIK, can't fall back to main server from backup server when main
server recovers.

I'm wondering if should use DNS, phone multi-registration feature, or a
combination of DNS and phone multi-registration feature, to implement
resilience.
Your opinion ?

Cheers