[asterisk-users] Does X-Lite 'remember' Congestion state? (halfway OT)

Paul Schewietzek tetsuo2k6 at web.de
Tue Sep 9 08:42:57 CDT 2008

Hi all,

I noticed a strange X-Lite behavior, it's connected to an asterisk box.
The client registers normally and everything works fine. When I dial out
(via E1-PRI) and the called party is unavailable, and asterisk indicates
CONGESTION to X-Lite. So far so good.

When I try to make another call directly after that (doesn't matter if
the same or a different extension is being dialed), X-Lite again tells
me about unavailability, but on the asterisk console nothing happens, it
seems like X-Lite didn't even try to pass the call to asterisk. The only
way to immediately make another call is to restart X-Lite :(

After waiting a few minutes, everything works fine again. This behavior
is reproducable.

I wonder if X-Lite tries to 'remember' about the unavailability, because
it thinks 'Hey, we didn't get a connection two minutes ago, chances are
we won't get one now', which of course would be stupid when we dial a
different extension.

Could it be that? Or do you think maybe I'm looking in the wrong
direction? Any ideas how to get around that behavior (X-Lite, as far as
I can see, has no options available regarding that issue)? Maybe
asterisk is able to say 'Don't think you're smart!' to the client phone
via SIP? (I don't know much about SIP internals)

Kindest regards, Paul