[asterisk-users] [OT] email netiquette (was: Re: Re: Asterisk realtime MySQL clients from same IP problem)

Philipp Kempgen philipp.kempgen at amooma.de
Mon Sep 8 12:21:57 CDT 2008

Patrick Maartense schrieb:

> Don't bash MS,

I used to bash MS simply because it was MS, but I stopped wasting
my time. Now I bash not following email netiquette (RFC 1855 etc.)[1]
and in my experience 99 % of all mail produced by Outlook / Exchange
/ Lotus Notes fails to comply. Which leads me to bashing those mail
client because I know they are crap.  :-)

> I cant help it either..

I know ... Don't take it too personal. (But I do, since I'm an
email fanatic. :-) Company policy does not count as an excuse,
although it's perfectly valid from the sender's perspective.

[1] Not just because standards are cool per se but because proper
quoting etc. is a time saver.

Unfortunately the majority of all people don't care. :-)

/me ducks

   Philipp Kempgen

--
http://www.das-asterisk-buch.de  -  http://www.the-asterisk-book.com