[asterisk-users] How to read DTFMs from MEETME_AGI_BACKGROUND without blocking?

Cosmin Prund cosmin.prund at adicomsoft.ro
Mon Sep 8 11:00:13 CDT 2008

Hello everyone.

What I'm doing:

I've made a replacement for app_queue that uses MeetMe to connect the
calling party with the agents. When the call comes in it gets put into a
MeetMe room with a nice AGI_BACKGROUND so the calling party can listen
to music and announcements until an agent becomes available. So far
everything works fine. Now I want to give the calling party an one-digit
menu (press 0 for an operator, 1 for accounting, etc) so he can
automatically switch queues. I can do that using the "read" application
but the "read" application is blocking: it will not return until the
digit is pressed OR the timeout expires. Unfortunately this is not
optimal because the background AGI needs to stop when an agent becomes
available. So I'm looking for a way to make digits available in the
background AGI *without* blocking the background AGI!

I already tried using "features.conf" mapped digits. They don't seem to
work with MeetMe. I've made a simple one-digit entry that calls
"Verbose" to output something to the CLI. It works fine in a normal call
but it doesn't work when the call is in the MeetMe room.

I looked for Asterisk manager events that might get fired when DTFMs get
pressed. Unfortunately I found none. Do such events get fired? If so -
how do I enable that?

What I'm asking: Is there a way to receive DTFM digits asynchronously?
Or to get "features.conf" appmap's to work in a MeetMe room? Or to get
Asterisk to fire manager events when DTFM's are pressed?

Thanks,

Cosmin Prund