[asterisk-users] Help about the Rxfax on asterisk

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Mon Sep 8 10:48:50 CDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 08, 2008 at 04:51:21PM +0200, Philipp Kempgen wrote:
> Steve Davies schrieb:
>
> > If you build rxfax against one version of libspandsp, and try to run
> > it against a different version, I have seen the crash you are
> > describing. It may even be that you have old .so files on your system
> > that you are unaware of.
>
> That's why the naming convention for shared libraries is
> libraryname.so.version afaik.
>
> http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-sharedlibs.html#s-sharedlibs-runtime

The author of spandsp has changed the API and ABI without changing
soname.

The Debian package reached an soname of 5. But that's only because
relatively few versions of it were actually packaged :-( .

Though I hope that latest version will remain more stable. The official
soname in it was finally bounced from 0 to 1 ...

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com