[asterisk-users] [OT] Re: Asterisk realtime MySQL clients from same IP problem

Philipp Kempgen philipp.kempgen at amooma.de
Mon Sep 8 10:11:31 CDT 2008

Jay R. Ashworth schrieb:
> On Mon, Sep 08, 2008 at 04:28:52PM +0200, Philipp Kempgen wrote:
>> Apart from that I'd appreciate if you could get a better email
>> client which does not insert so many useless blank lines. :-) SCNR.
>
> Likely, for you, like me, it's not that his email client is indersting
> blank lines... it's that whatever you're using to render his HTML email
> into text is doing it -- for me, it's lynx under Mutt.

No. I configured my email client not to render the text/html part.
(Not wanting to render a specific MIME type is perfectly acceptable.)
And there are blank lines in his text/plain part. The problem with
those MS user agents is that they create a paragraph (<p>) as soon
as you hit return and then convert that to 2 lines breaks in plain
text.

> He probably just needs to find the "send HTML email" knob and turn it
> off.

Yeah.
And also the list should scrub text/html like the GUI does.
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2008-September/218024.html

   Philipp Kempgen

--
http://www.das-asterisk-buch.de  -  http://www.the-asterisk-book.com