[asterisk-users] FAX over T1 Question

Amaru Netapshaak postfix_amaru at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 8 09:56:49 CDT 2008

Eric,

So what is practical for a PRI then?

Thank you!!!

++Amaru

--- On Fri, 9/5/08, Eric "ManxPower" Wieling <eric at fnords.org> wrote:
From: Eric "ManxPower" Wieling <eric at fnords.org>
Subject: Re: [asterisk-users] FAX over T1 Question
Date: Friday, September 5, 2008, 10:04 PM

The thing is, you are doing FAX over PRI, not FAX over T-1 (which to me
implies Channelized T-1). Seems like most people gave you advice that
might apply to a Channelized T-1, but would not apply or be practical
for a PRI.

Amaru Netapshaak wrote:
> Bob,
>
> I should have added that I have disabled hardware EC on the T1 ports.
>
> Here is a sample of my zapata.conf -- channels 1-23 are my incoming PRI.
> This PRI handles both Voice AND FAX calls.  Having the hardware EC
> disabled makes for poor voice communications, and im looking for a way to
> enable/disable EC per the call type.   I understand that
"echoncancelwhenbridged"

<asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
> Date: Friday, September 5, 2008, 4:43 PM
>
> On Fri, 2008-09-05 at 09:19 -0700, Amaru Netapshaak wrote:
>> I have a Sangoma A104d T1 card, a Rhino 24-port FXS box, and am
>> running
>> Asterisk 1.4.21.2
>
> I think you're mostly right on this setup, but I wonder if your A104d
is
> doing some hardware echo cancellation on these calls. If I'm not
> mistaken, that can mess up fax machine communications.
>
> Bob

Consulting for Asterisk, Polycom, Sangoma, Digium, Cisco, LAN, WAN, QoS,
T-1, PRI, Frame Relay, Linux, and network design.  Based near
Birmingham, AL.  Now accepting clients worldwide.