[asterisk-users] Streaming live music into a conference room

Leotis buchanan leotisbuchanan at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 00:32:22 CDT 2008

Hey Guys,

I am trying stream live music via  icecast streaming server into a
conference room, this will allow persons joining the conference to hear the
music.

I have been googling and i have come across  a few tutorials, that give
instructions as to how to get it done. But they all mention the use of a
ices application module.

It appears that asterisk 1.4 is not shipped with app_ices.0 by default,
where can i find this module ?  and how do I install it, also is there an
easier way to set up streaming live audio into a conference room ? that this
http://nooss.org/wiki/Audio_Streaming_from_an_Asterisk_Meetme_Room :-(

Thanks guys

On Sun, Sep 7, 2008 at 3:34 PM, Edgar Guadamuz <eguadamuz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have been testing a trunk IAX and another SIP, using sipp to
> generate SIP calls to a Asterisk box.
>

> The testing dialplan just connects to another Asterisk box, who
> answers the call and playback some files.
>
> I noticed that the cpu load is higher when I use an IAX, about 90% for
> 25 simultaneous calls. In the other hand, with a SIP trunk the cpu
> load was about the half or less.
>
> In both cases the Asterisk box was in the middle of the RTP path, and
> both the trunk and the sip client had the same codec, ulaw.
>
> Does it make sense? Why is IAX demanding so much cpu load?

Leotis Buchanan
Manager/Electronic Design Systems Engineer
Exterbox.com