[asterisk-users] iLBC and G729 codecs

Christopher Dobbs thebigspark at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 18:33:55 CDT 2008

I may be wrong about this, but * understads that these codecs exsist, but
without a codec_XXX.so, it cant do translation on the codec.
In this case, * can do pass throught (eg: g729 -> g729) but cannot do
translation (eg: g729 -> gsm).

You need to install the codec before you can do a translation.

(g729 for one is somthing you must purchous a licensese for)

--Chris

On Sun, Sep 7, 2008 at 1:38 PM, Edgar Guadamuz <eguadamuz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> In my modules.conf I have the autoload=yes, and there is one
> codec_iLBC.so module in the modules folder.
>
> However, when I do show translation, I see no translation to/from iLBC
> nor G.729, and I'm not able to establish call to channels using these
> codecs.
>
> I read that there are some "formats" that can not be used as "codecs"
> for live streams, but I actually didn't get it... Some light on this
> will be apreciated!
>
> Thanks!!

find / -name "*base*" -user your -print | xargs 'chown us'